Diabetes is a long term condition which results in too much glucose in your blood due to your Pancreas not producing enough insulin. There are two main types: Type 1 and Type 2. Although this condition cannot be cured there are various things that can be done to control the symptoms and reduce the impact it has on you, and we know that it’s never too late to make changes to your daily life to improve the future course of the condition.
Here at My Clinical Coach our Health Coaches are experienced nurse clinicians who regularly work with and support patients with diabetes through clinical health coaching.
They truly understand the impact it has on everyday life – physically, socially and emotionally.
They are experts at coaching patients through the challenges of living with Diabetes, and will help you to better understand your medications, know what you can and can’t do, and explore with you much more than just the medical aspects of Diabetes.
They will help you to understand and overcome your anxieties and the barriers to you living a fuller life despite being Diabetic, and through holistic, personal and thorough coaching they’ll help you to become confident and skilled at managing the condition yourself, so that it becomes just a part of your everyday life, rather than something which dominates it.
We’ll explore with you, for example, how good nutrition, relaxation and exercise all influence Diabetes and we’ll encourage you to create positive lifestyle changes that will result in more energy, increased confidence and overall improvements in your physical and mental health.
At MyClinicalCoach our aim is to support you by:
* Offering information and advice about your diagnosis
* Supporting you with the daily management of diabetes
* Removing any confusion about dietary and lifestyle advice
* Exploring your medication regime and identifying how and why your medications are helpful
* Helping you understand that small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on diabetes
* Helping you to identify and access the appropriate support networks
* Easing the emotional and psychological impact of your diagnosis
* Empowering and supporting you to take responsibility for managing your own condition
We want to help you to enjoy as full a life as possible, and through our holistic clinical coaching we’ll empower you to be in control, confident, independent and as healthy as possible despite being Diabetic.
For further information watch our “healthy and balanced diet” video:
Content on this page was last reviewed by a clinical lead on Sep 5, 2016. Next review in Sep 2017 (unless national guidelines are updated, and then the page will be updated as necessary).