At Totally Health our aim is to enable you to understand and manage your chronic kidney disease. A diagnosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) can be worrying for you (and your family) – yet it does not have to take over your life.
Totally Health provides a team of dedicated, Health Coaches who are registered nurses and have the necessary experience to understand any confusion or concerns you may have. They will ensure that you receive individual coaching and support at a pace and pitch that is appropriate to you, via our personal telephone health coaching service.
At Totally Health our aim is to support you by:
- Offering information and advice about your chronic kidney disease diagnosis
- Supporting you with the daily management of chronic kidney disease
- Removing any confusion about dietary and lifestyle advice
- Exploring your medication regime and identifying how and why your medications are helpful
- Helping you understand that small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on kidney disease
- Helping you to identify and access the appropriate support networks
- Easing the emotional and psychological impact of your diagnosis
- Empowering and supporting you to take responsibility for managing your own condition
You may have concerns about new lifestyle changes you have never considered, medication to take that you have never heard of, and you may feel that you’re faced with a wealth of decisions and not sure where to start. We’ll help you discover how to live with the diagnosis so it becomes a part of everyday life rather than something which dominates it.
Content on this page was last reviewed by a clinical lead on Sep 5, 2016. Next review in Sep 2017 (unless national guidelines are updated, and then the page will be updated as necessary).