Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a long term condition in which the lungs no longer function as well as they should. By far the most common cause is smoking, and although this condition cannot be cured there are various things that can be done to control the symptoms and reduce the impact it has on you, and we know that it’s never too late to stop smoking to improve the future course of the condition.
Here at Totally Health our Health Coaches are experienced nurse clinicians who regularly work with and support patients with COPD through clinical health coaching.
They truly understand the impact it has on everyday life – physically, socially and emotionally. They are experts at coaching patients through the challenges of living with COPD, and will help you to better understand your medications, know what you can and can’t do, and explore with you much more than just the medical aspects of COPD.
They will help you to understand and overcome your anxieties and the barriers to you living a fuller life despite COPD, and through holistic, personal and thorough coaching they’ll help you to become confident and skilled at managing the condition yourself, so that it becomes just a part of your everyday life, rather than something which dominates it.
We’ll explore with you, for example, how good nutrition, relaxation, exercise and improved breathing methods can all influence COPD and we’ll encourage you to create positive lifestyle changes that will result in more energy, increased confidence and overall improvements in your physical and mental health.
Totally Health, are delighted to reveal that we are one of the founding members of the British Lung Foundation’s pioneering new Living Well Alliance. The scheme enables the charity’s three million website users, Breathe Easy group members and helpline callers to make informed choices in accessing specialist support to manage their lung conditions.
- Offering information and advice about your diagnosis
- Supporting you with the daily management of COPD
- Removing any confusion about dietary and lifestyle advice
- Exploring your medication regime and identifying how and why your medications are helpful
- Helping you understand that small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on COPD
- Helping you to identify and access the appropriate support networks
- Easing the emotional and psychological impact of your diagnosis
- Empowering and supporting you to take responsibility for managing your own condition
We want to help you to enjoy as full a life as possible, and through our holistic clinical health coaching we’ll empower you to be in control, confident, independent and as healthy as possible despite living with COPD.