This is also known as Hypertension.
Our Health Coaches, all highly trained and experienced nurses will guide and support you with high blood pressure (hypertension) decisions – regarding your new medications and especially with any lifestyle changes suggested, to help you feel more in control and be able to better manage your condition.
Your diagnosis can be confusing and may seem wrong – in most cases you will not have had any high blood pressure symptoms. But hypertension is a very dangerous condition and lifestyle changes and new medications are very important to control the condition and associated risks of developing other conditions such as heart disease and strokes.
With My Clinical Coach you will have your own dedicated expert nurse who will encourage you with practical advice and help as you adapt to these changes which will result in you enjoying more energy, lowering your risk factors for these other conditions, and increasing your confidence and overall health.
At Totally Health our aim is to support you by:
- Offering information and advice about your diagnosis
- Supporting you with the daily management of hypertension symptoms
- Removing any confusion about dietary and lifestyle advice
- Exploring your medication regime and identifying how and why your medications are helpful
- Helping you understand that small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on your blood pressure
- Helping you to identify and access the appropriate support networks
- Easing the emotional and psychological impact of your diagnosis
- Empowering and supporting you to take responsibility for managing your own condition
We will help you build the new diagnosis into your life so that it becomes just another part of your daily life, rather than something that dominates it.
Content on this page was last reviewed by a clinical lead on Sep 5, 2016. Next review in Sep 2017 (unless national guidelines are updated, and then the page will be updated as necessary).