We understand the challenges and limitations that are caused by long-term conditions, and the enormous impact of the diagnosis on your life.
Adapting to the diagnosis may take time and may involve lifestyle changes, self-monitoring and new medications. It can be a confusing and frightening time for you and that’s what we’re here for.
We have a team of dedicated clinical health coaches who are registered nurses that have the necessary experience to understand any confusion or concerns you may have. They will ensure that you receive individual coaching and support at a pace and pitch that is appropriate to you.
At MyClinicalCoach our aim is to support you by:
* Offering information and advice about your diagnosis
* Supporting you with the daily management of the condition
* Removing any confusion about dietary and lifestyle advice
* Exploring your medication regime and identifying how and why your medications are helpful
* Helping you understand that small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on the condition
* Helping you to identify and access the appropriate support networks
* Easing the emotional and psychological impact of your diagnosis
* Empowering and supporting you to take responsibility for managing your own condition
We will help you build the new diagnosis into your life so that it becomes just another part of your daily life, rather than something that dominates it.
Content on this page was last reviewed by a clinical lead on Sep 5, 2016. Next review in Sep 2017 (unless national guidelines are updated, and then the page will be updated as necessary).